This opportunity includes working as a Diesel Mobile Mechanic (Construction) at our jobsite locations throughout Florida. Traveling may be necessary for this position.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment, and systems
- Clean and ensure that machinery components are ready for use
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine and vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel, work all hours and remain on call when needed
- Proven experience as Diesel Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various mechanical tools
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Problem-solving ability
- Physical Strength
- Able to stand, walk, bend and or kneel 8+ hours a day
- Lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Excellent hand eye coordination
- Must be able to work outside in heat / cold
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all employees at all levels in the workplace
- High School Diploma / G.E.D
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship preferred
Leware Construction Company of Florida, Inc. is a private, family owned/operated business located in Leesburg, FL. Leware specializes in bridge construction and has been in business for over 50 years. We work throughout Florida with the majority of our projects being performed for the Florida Department of Transportation and local municipalities.
We offer a competitive salary and an optional comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance after completion of the probationary period.
Leware Construction Company of Florida, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Diesel engine repair: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location